Saturday, January 8, 2011

2KXI and *8 Things...I Fell in Love With in 2010

A brand new year....it has that new car leather smell (or in the case of this year, a new Coach purse!). I always embrace what a new year will bring, and I am always thankful for what the previous year gave me.

I wrote about the 8 things I fell in love with last year. I had read an entry on Dayna's Alley Art Studio Blog. She had discovered this little game on Rachelle Mee-Chapman's blog which went:

*8 Things is a little game I made up for myself in an attempt to quieten down my monkey mind. I tend to be a little bit bipolar when it comes to creativity. Either I have a million ideas and passions, or none at all. In the times when ideas are flowing, I rely on lists. *8 Things is a way for me to keep collections of ideas, thought, quotes and quandaries on-hand for later exploration. . . .Want to play along? Grab a button and join me for *8 Things Thursdays. Because..well…why the hell not?

I copy and paste and am ready to complete my list of:

*8 Things... I Fell in Love With in 2010

1. Ava Miranda Randolph
2. Spending an entire day in August with Beth Johnson
3. Receiving my very first Trophy
4. High five from the BEST Trainer for achieving an over a minute PLANK
5. Seeing my name on Dayna Collins Creative Inspirations List
6. Sharing a nod with a kindred soul
7. Finding and wearing the cutest French Paris top
8. Becoming a member of Phi Theta Kappa

...and 8.5 Getting to see Rick Glaser again!

My #1 Love for 2010 - Miss Ava



#2 My Wonderful Dear True Friend Beth



#3 Receiving My 1st Trophy



#4 BEST Trainer EVER (warrants two pictures - the tough nice guy!)




#5 My name on Dayna's Creative Inspirations List



#6 A Nod From a Kindred Soul (okay it actually wasn't Sidney Poitier from To Sir With Love but....)



#7 Finding the cutest top ever (the cuteness is actually in the length and pocket which the picture doesn't show, but it does show Dayna and Becky!)



#8 Member of Phi Theta Kappa



and #8.5 Mr. Rick Glaser



2010 was filled with many blessings and sadness with the loss of my friend Beth. As always, I am excited and ready to see what 2011 has in-store for me; those unknown adventures to places and meeting new people. Yes, I am giddy with anticipation about the *8 Things I'll Fall in Love With in 2011!

1 comment: