Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pretty in Pink in Paris ~ "UN"

It all began with a fortune cookie, "You will soon be travelling to a distant land." I kept it in the kitchen and read it to Kristi. Sooner than later she called and asked if I wanted to see Paris. Tickets were booked! And I had decided to wear PINK everyday while in Paris ~ oo-la-la!

In my quest to find the meaning of spirituality this year, my gal Yina had given my a book for my birthday ~ 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace by Dr. Wayne Dyer. It was the perfect book to take along on my trip.

Each night after the days' adventures I would read one of the secrets and journal about my day and the secret. Some days yielded several secrets, a couple of days none.

Day one we arrived very early, too early for our hotel room to be ready. So we set out walking and walking some more. Over to the Eiffel Tower, crossing the bridges over the Seine and then to my new found favorite corner restaurant "Mondrain" for a Croque Monsieur. (fyi~Ava's Birthday is 04-03-10!) That night I read Secret #1 ~ "Have a Mind That Is Open to Everything and Attached to Nothing".











Day two was a guided tour through the Louvre Museum. So many great works of art that I am dismayed when we are taken to see the Mona Lisa. Kristi and I dub it a SHAM. How many wonderful pieces are glossed over to see this piece. After the museum tour we walk over to Notre Dame and I leave two prayers there for Beth and Fred. That night I read Secret #2 ~ "Don't Die with Your Music Still in You".










Day 3 and Kristi and I walk through the Luxenberg Gardens and stop along the way to stick our hand/fingers out for the birds to feed upon (Kristi loves it and I freak getting pecked at-must be that Hitchcock Birds thingy!). That evening we have dinner at the Eiffel Tower (not knowing there was a bomb threat), followed by a boat ride down the Seine River (and meeting my mini-me!). After the river cruise we are off to the Moulin Rouge. Very packed but a reminder that I think European men love women who smile...just sayin'! Almost back to the hotel, I spot a lucky Euro. Stepping out to pick it up, Kristi grabs me back saving me from getting run over-YIKES! I did get that lucky Euro though (thank you Kristi for the pull back!). That night I read two secrets ~ Secret #3 ~ "You Can't Give Away What You Don't Have" and Secret #4 ~ "Embrace Silence".











1 comment:

  1. Your are beautiful in pink and your trip looks like it was fabulous. Thanks for sharing the "secret" to your newfound spirituality.

    ReplyDelete