Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bend-able Trace-able Paint-able Me!

Last year when Dayna Collins and Destree Rudolph put on a collaborative art show, they also included self portraits of themselves (only not for sale). I immediately fell in love with them, but also fell in love with their project named Dark Heart (which was for sale). Home it (Dark Heart) went along with those self portrait images in my mind.




I was thinking that I needed a new art project to do, so I emailed Destree before our monthly Orange Dream Monkey art journaling group meet-up and asked if she would sketch me on a big canvas. So last week at ODM night after journaling a little and making a couple of origami books, it was off to another room in Dayna's studio for some serious tracing and sketching....






I love how she traced and sketched me (she's so talented at everything she does!). When I got up to see it, it reminded me of getting my first pair of boot cut jeans and my black boots...dang! I'm super excited to get started on this project, I have the eye(s) already planned. But first I need to finish that 10 Secrets in Paris book from last September (I type with a light hearted ugh!). I love my Paris book but for some reason homework always seems to take precedence. I think this self portrait is just what I need to get that book completed!

1 comment:

  1. It is such a fun project and I know you're going to have a great time once you get started. I can't wait to see your finished life-size self-portrait!

    ReplyDelete