Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Gathering Stopping Kind of Place

My cousin Todd went to Leola and took these last pictures. I love the black and white look! Even though it does need to be torn or burned down, I think I will be very sad when I return for a visit and it is not there. It has always been the gathering stopping place when we have a reunion. It has always just been. And there is always a new story to be heard about back in the day. I love these stories. I am thinking about putting together a book of some sort with the pictures and stories of the times at the Schaffer Homestead, a gathering stopping kind of place type book.













2 comments:

  1. I like the pictures a great deal, especially the one of the sink with the little bit of pink tile. I'm lucky that my sister still lives in the house I grew up in. It's been in our family since 1958. It always feels good to be able to go home......

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black and white photos of your homestead are quite touching and have an ethereal quality to them. Nicely done, Todd!

    ReplyDelete