Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Phenomenon

He "buys my chairs." It's one of my favorite scenes in the movie Phenomenon. Robert Duvall's character, Doc, is talking to Banes, a man who's having trouble with his woman:
Doc: Banes...how's your lady love?
Banes: We... um... we broke up.
Doc: Really? That's too bad, yeah. Now George has a love at his side and she is sticking with him. You know why? Because he bought her chairs. That's pretty smart to me. You ever buy Lisa's chairs?
Banes: Doc's real drunk tonight.
Doc: Every woman has her chair, something she needs to put herself into, Banes. You ever figure out what Lisa's chairs were and buy 'em?


"Every Woman Has Her Chair". I love this quote because I truly believe that every woman has that "something" that she needs to put herself into. And blessed be the man that buys her chair.

Tonight at my Artist's Way group, we got to take plain white muslin dolls and paint, dress and embellish them. We laughed, wondering if our dolls were really our alter ego's. Hmmmm....Black Stockings and Pink Lipstick? I'm thinkin'.... oh yeah!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It's true. Every woman has her chair and blessed be the man who buys it for her. Mine just happens to be exotic travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now if someone would have had this wonderful explanation sooner it would have avoided another stupid question. Of course memory serves that it was offered once before, but alas one would have to rely on memory! If they were for sale, I would be George, and have a warehouse full of your chairs!!

    ReplyDelete