Tuesday, April 7, 2009

$5 Grungeboard "Art" & a Moment Artist

Another great $5 Fridays-A Recession Busting Art Escape. This Friday we learned about "Grungeboard Jewelry" at DIY Lounge. It was at the Woodstock location which meant "No Lynda"; but familiar faces showed up from previous classes.

We learned about the different types of inks to use to color the leathery grungeboard shapes. And then we were released to create what we were feeling; from necklaces to bracelets to earrings. I chose to make a bracelet for my first project.



For my second project, since I am not an "overly wearing" jewelry type lover (because all you really need is one piece to touch and feel from a loved one), I decided to make a wall/picture hanging.



I loved it more than my Grungeboard Jewelry. And I really like the alcohol ink used to color and texture the grungeboard pieces. (The teacher showed my piece to the class. For that one moment....I was an ARTIST!).

Another GREAT Friday evening!!!!

1 comment: