Friday, April 17, 2009

Vintage Tags and Friends

Tonight I went to yet another $5 Fridays-A Recession Busting Art Escape at the DIY Lounge Woodstock (which meant "No Lynda"). The project this week was working with Walnut Ink Crystals which gives papers and textures an old distressed look. Then adding embellishments to create "Vintage Tags". The bag I drew had a "H" in it (Hartung), Birds (Bob), Green Embellishments (my favorite color), Marble (oh yeah), Pink papers (second favorite color) and one of the sheets to ink up had poor grammar sentences, which the one I chose for my tag very much applied to how my day had gone "Believe me, I'll never do so no more again."

I LOVE these classes. $5, bi-weekly visits with Lynda and I am always learning one new medium.
And after class.....I got to have dinner with one of my exclusive vintage friends, which made the ending of a not so great day a ton better.

vintage adjective 1. Characterized by enduring excellence, appeal and importance : classic, classical. You certainly are, my vintage friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment