Friday, April 17, 2009

Crazy Enough to be Just A Little Bent

Wednesday night I had tickets to see "Crazy Enough" at the Portland Center Stage. My favorite sister Terri went with me. If you haven't seen it....do! It is by far one of the best performances I've ever seen (there or anywhere else). Storm Large wrote, presented and sang. She is honest and lovable and gritty and hilarious and real. Not to mention her unparallelled singing voice that can bring a person to their knees. Her story is one for the books, but her telling it is priceless.



Towards the end she talks about being "A Little Bent". OMG-my shrine from art class a couple of weeks ago that I had made and gave to Kristi.... named A Little Bent. As I am listening to her, I realize how awful my life would be, if in fact, I just wasn't crazy enough to be just a "little" bent at times.



And days later I am still bursting into singalongs to her CD - (Halogen and 8 Miles Wide are the ones I crazily sing best with my yellow rat-tail hairbrush microphone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment