Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Secret Keeper and Route 66

Thursday was Karen's birthday. We met for lunch and stayed until almost dinner. What a wonderful feeling to not notice time. Looking at our watches we both said "Whoa, where did that afternoon go?!" Secrets and stories and laughs~she is the tiniest person I know, but has the biggest heart. She is the keeper of all of my secrets.



And after we departed I was driving in the Hollywood neighborhood and came across a small vintage store I had never been into. Outside was a wonderful Every Woman Has Her Chair chair. I knew I wanted it the moment I saw it outside of the store. It needs to be dressed~I'm excited about the possibilities.



Once inside, I spotted it. A Route 66 chair!




In my recent travels I had been to the starting place of the route in Chicago (corner of Jefferson & Jackson)



and to the ending place in Hollywood



The chair belongs to me now. And when I walk by it, I think of that route, the beginning and the end, the best of times. It brings a smile to my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Get your kicks on Route 66 - somehow, Bobbie, I think you get your kicks wherever you are and whatever you do!

    ReplyDelete