Sunday, April 5, 2009

When I Grow Up I Want To Be Just Like Minnie

Friday, April 3rd was Minnie Copp's 90th Birthday!!!!

She is my 1st grade teacher. I ran into her about 7 years ago when I was grocery shopping. As I passed by her in the store, I knew I knew her from somewhere. Aisles later, it was still bugging me as to why I thought I knew her. So much so that I backtracked to where she was by then and tapped her shoulder. She told me her name and my heart melted back to that little six year old girl. We have remained in contact ever since. I adore and love this lady! Each card or note given, she writes that I am her special 1st grade '61-'62 student. She made me feel so smart back then and that I could do and achieve anything I wanted to (I'm sure she did that with each of her students).


When I grow up, I want to be just like Minnie Copp!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love Miss Minnie! What a great connection you have made with a special woman in your life. You're both lucky!

    ReplyDelete